Terms and conditions
Please read these Terms and conditions carefully before submitting your order to us.
1. We are The Real Wedding Collective Ltd, a company registered in England, company number 13187322.
Our contact details are 55 Tamworth Street, Lichfield, Staffordshire WS13 6JW, email email@example.com.
We will contact you by telephone, or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order. It is your responsibility to notify us of any new contact details. When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails.
2. Booking fees are payable at the time of booking your appointment and are fully redeemable against the purchase of a wedding dress. In the case of a cancellation we require a minimum of 48 hours notice.
3a. Upon placing an order, a minimum deposit of 50% is required on all dresses costing £1000 or more. All deposits are non-refundable (unless we cannot accept or fulfil your order) and are inclusive of VAT. Deposits cannot be transferred to another person or item. The remaining balance is due within 14 days of the dress arriving at our boutique, which is approximately 4 – 6 months after the order date. All items remain the property of The Real Wedding Collective until paid in full.
3b.Payment Options – Bridal gowns only
After the deposit has been paid on your made to order dress, you are more than welcome to make additional payments towards your final balance, as frequently as you wish. Additional payments can be made up until the dress arrives at our boutique, upon which any outstanding balance must then be paid. This is not a formal arrangement and any additional payments made are entirely the customer’s decision. Payments can be made by either bank transfer or credit / debit card. Additional payments are non-refundable unless the order cannot be fulfilled, or the dress is faulty. The dress remains the property of The Real Wedding Collective until full payment has been received. Please speak to us directly so we can give you more details.
3c TMH (Take me home) Some of our dresses have been marked up with a “take me home” price. This simply means that if a dress marked with a “TMH” price fits you and you wish to purchase this one instead of having one made to order, you can. The dress must be paid in full at point of sale and refunds are not permitted.
All accessories including veils, tiaras and belts etc must be paid in full at the time of ordering. Due to hygiene reasons, all hair accessories are non-returnable. Bridesmaids dresses which are purchased totaling under £1000 are to be paid in full at point of sale. Bridesmaids dresses totaling £1000 or more a 50% deposit is required upon ordering, the remaining 50% is paid once dresses arrive in the boutique.
4. If we are unable to accept or fulfil your order, we will inform you of this as soon as possible. We will not charge you for the item and will refund any deposit made. A refund will only be allowable if the item is out of stock, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the item or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline specified in your order. A refund of a deposit will not be permitted if you have simply changed your mind or if the wedding has been cancelled or rescheduled. We recommend wedding dress insurance to cover you, in case the worst should happen.
5. Once we have advised you that the dress has arrived at our boutique, payment of the remaining balance and collection of the dress is due within 14 days of notification. At our discretion, we will be permitted to charge a holding fee of £5 per day for any dresses not paid and collected within the 14 day time period.
Any dresses that have not been paid in full and collected after 60 days from the first notification, will remain the property of The Real Wedding Collective.
6. Before any item is removed from our premises you must approve their condition and let us know of any defects or discrepancies. The Real Wedding Collective will not be liable for any defects or discrepancies discovered after you have left the shop.
We will call you to book your free 1 hour collection appointment as soon as we receive the dress into our boutique. You must book a collection appointment to inspect and collect your made to order gown thoroughly. Before removing the dress from our premises, a dress release form must be signed. Signing the form and removal of the dress from our boutique will be seen as acceptance of the gown and its condition and it cannot be returned. The Real Wedding Collective cannot be held responsible for the condition of the gown once it has been removed from our premises and The Real Wedding Collective will not be liable for any defects or discrepancies discovered after you have left the shop.
7. The Real Wedding Collective does not accept any liability to you in respect of any loss or damage however caused to your goods before collection. We will only take responsibility for any loss or damage caused by the negligence of The Real Wedding Collective.
8. ‘Off the peg’ or ‘Sales gowns’ dresses are sold at a reduced price and are sold as seen. Please note these dresses may have possible imperfections including pulls, marks, missing beading and have been price reduced accordingly.
You are welcome to inspect the gown thoroughly before purchase. Removal of the dress from our boutique will be seen as acceptance of the gown and its condition. The Real Wedding Collective cannot be held responsible for the condition of the gown once it has been removed from our premises.
All ‘Off the peg’ or ‘Sales gowns’ are to be paid in full at the time of purchase.
9. We do not employ a seamstress and alteration costs are not included in the price of the dress. All alteration costs are paid directly to the seamstress by separate invoice. Alterations are not the responsibility of The Real Wedding Collective and we cannot be held responsible for any issues arising from using independent seamstresses.
We can suggest the names of a few seamstresses or if you prefer, you can use a seamstress of your choice. Any claims or complaints regarding fittings and alterations are to be directed to your seamstress and not The Real Wedding Collective. Alterations cannot be carried out until the items have been paid in full.
10. Made to order items can take up to 26 weeks and delivery dates given by The Real Wedding Collective are only a guide and are not binding. Manufacturers lead times vary.
Detailing and colouring of dresses from which orders are placed are for guidance only. Colours can occasionally vary with each dye lot and therefore cannot always be guaranteed. Detailing can vary as beadwork and embroidery are often finished by hand.
Our products are made with luxurious and delicate fabrics and are intended for use on special occasions only, care must be taken while handling and wearing to avoid excessive wear and damage.
11. All orders placed are intended for the specific wedding date provided to us at the time of ordering, if this date changes The Real Wedding Collective cannot guarantee the availability of the items ordered.
12. Items requiring extra length, special measures, design amendment and rush orders could be subject to a surcharge.
13. The Real Wedding Collective provide advice and guidance in the choice of design, size, colour and measurements of dresses and accessories. This guidance is predominantly based on the fit of the sample gowns and size charts provided by each designer, however, the final decision will ultimately be based on how you, the customer, want your final gown to look. The Real Wedding Collective does not take responsibility for the final choice made. We also cannot take responsibility for any problems which result from any change in the customers’ instructions or due to the customers’ increase or decrease in weight or size after the order date.
14. The above conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
15. Our liability is limited to the value of the goods you are paying for.